Window Tint Laws in Texas
When making the decision to tint your vehicle’s windows,
it’s important to keep in mind that every state has specific laws about how dark your window tint can be.
Check these laws carefully so that you can enjoy all the benefits of tinting your windows
without worrying about whether or not the level of tint on your windows is legal.
Different states have different limits on VLT (visible light transmission); these limits are meant to ensure that drivers are still able to see the road, other cars, and any potential obstructions on the road clearly. In areas with less direct sunlight, the state usually imposes much stricter window tint laws. In places like Texas and Florida, where the sunlight can be quite harsh, the government allows for a higher level of tint on vehicle windows.
Tint Laws in Texas
Here’s what the law says regarding sedans, SUVs, and vans in Texas:
- Windshield: 25% VLT tint is permitted on the top five inches of the windshield.
- Front Side Windows: Window tint film must allow more than 25% of the light in.
- Back Side Windows: Any darkness can be used.
- Rear Window: Any darkness can be used as long as the vehicle has side mirrors.
As you can see, Texas window tint laws require specific VLT on the windshield and front side windows, but they allow you to make your own choices regarding your back side windows and rear windows! Whatever your preferences, Tintix is here to provide you with high-quality window tinting that complies with the law while also being customized to your liking.
Texas Tint Regulations
Texas also has some specific laws and regulations regarding how reflective your window tint film should be:
- Windshield: The tinting on the top five inches of the windshield must be less than 25% reflective.
- Front Side Windows: tinted windows can be no more than 25% reflective.
- Back Side Windows: tinted windows can be no more than 25% reflective.
Additionally, Texas law requires drivers to have a certificate and sticker from the window tint installers (that’s us, Tintix!) and the manufacturer of the window tint film, which we here at Tintix are more than happy to provide.
Here at Tintix, we know that our clients want to have stylish, luxurious window tinting that complies with the state’s standards. We are more than ready to provide our clients in Brentwood, CA, and the surrounding area with excellent, custom service that leaves you completely satisfied while also complying with the law.
Are you ready to tint your windows? Book an appointment with us today!